This is one of the premier sports venues (fishing, hunting, wind surfing, boating, and sailing) and recreation areas in the State of Nebraska. We are located approximately 3 to 3-1/2 hours from Omaha and Lincoln and about 1-1/2 hours from Grand Island. See the maps page for our exact location and to get directions.
We are a full service facility in the Historic Nebraska Sandhill Country at Calamus Reservoir where the fishing and hunting is great. We have resurrected a resort style business in a beautiful area of Nebraska's Sandhills. We, Dan & Tammy Hruza & Wayne Hruza, purchased the Calamus Lodge in November 2014 from Dennis & Diane Fiscus who opened it in March of 2004 bringing life back to an area for fisherman, hunters, lake lovers, and campers. We have retained some of the previous staff with Diane in charge of the kitchen and Sue in charge of the motel and cabin.
We are proud to provide a quiet, scenic, rural location that is just about a half mile from the Calamus Reservoir.
We offer many services and features including:
- Bar & Grill (Now Closed For The Winter Season)
- 8-Room Motel
- Rental Cabin
- 25+ Shaded Camp Sites
- 5,124 Acre Reservoir 1/2 mile away with 5 boat ramps, fish cleaning stations, and lots of shore fishing spots.
- Next to the reservoir is a major fish hatchery that can be visited.
- A 9-Hole Golf Course is right next door!
- The town of Burwell is only 6 miles away if you need supplies.
Please keep in mind that this website is still a work in progress. Many photos will be added and changed in the coming months as well as some more site content.